Monday, November 16, 2015

...Pumpkin and Squash...

...I have been a very bad blogger...we packed our Christmas Child boxes...and I didn't take even one picture...

...and my Mom came for a visit...and again...I didn't take even one picture...

...we had a really good time...a nice dinner...and lots of talking...

...but after Mom left...I finally got around to tackling those squash...
...the ones that I got when the kids got their Jack-o-lantern pumpkins...
...the squash were $2 each...a pretty good deal...
...I just cut them up and scooped the seeds out...
...the second $2 squash...
...split in two...
...seeded and scraped...
...and roasted for about an hour...
...until soft and slightly caramelized...
...then I just scooped it into some freezer containers...
...and now we've got the makings of 3 pumpkin pies...

...I'll be making one for Thanksgiving for sure...I do love pumpkin pie...how about you?

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I have never had pumpkin pie but I have a funny story about this dish. In the early 1960s my Aunty Joan grew a pumpkin and decided to make a pumpkin pie. With no recipe she chopped up the pumpkin and put it into a pastry lined pie dish, sprinkled it with sugar and put a pastry top on - into the oven to bake. Can you guess the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Yeah, I have some canned pumpkin earmarked for that in a few days! Love, K

    ReplyDelete