Saturday, February 20, 2016

...Vegan Oatmeal Creamer...

...'member how I said I had a bunch of draft posts that kept links to recipes...

...this is one of those posts...I saw this recipe over at Running on Real Food...and stored it here to give it a try...
...I love things that just have a few simple ingredients...
...just blend up some oats...water...and a pinch of salt...then strain it through a fine mesh strainer...
...add some vanilla...Deryn used Maple Syrup in her recipe...but I used Piloncillo...because I just love it's caramel-ly taste in coffee...
...decant to a pretty cream pitcher...if you want...
...and pour some in your coffee...
...it makes pretty swirls when you stir it in...
...and I'd have to declare it 'pretty good'...it won't be replacing my Cashew Creamer...which I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE...but it's got a nice flavor and creaminess too...

Vegan Oatmeal Coffee Creamer

Ingredients

½ cup rolled oats
1¼ cup water
2 tbsp piloncillo (or Maple Syrup)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)

Blend oats, salt and water...then stir in vanilla and sweetener.

~Wishing you a lovely weekend...

2 comments:

  1. i wouldn't have ever thought about oatmeal being an ingredient in a creamer! i bet an added plus is some soluble fiber!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so good! i will try making it - i haven't had much creamer in my coffee since i quit using dairy.

    ReplyDelete