Friday, March 18, 2016

...Grandma's Veg-O-Matic...

...my Mom and her brothers recently sold my Grandma's house...

...Grandma will turn 100 next week...and she's been in assisted living for a few years now...so the time had come to sell the house...it's always bittersweet...and probably much more so for Grandma...that had been her home for over 70 years...and one time when we were chatting...she said that she didn't see how I could move around so much...that she thought it would 'kill' her to move...and we laughed about it...obviously it hasn't killed her and she's much happier and safer in the assisted living facility...she always tells us how happily 'settled' she is there...

...anywhooo...Mom asked if there was anything that I wanted from the old homeplace..

...and I said...well...if no one else has spoken for it...
...I'd like to have Grandma's Veg-O-Matic...
...Mom laughed and said she was sure no one else had asked for 'that'...

...and I'm just tickled pink to have it...so many memories of making homemade French fries with Grandma during visits there with my brothers and sister...and sometimes just my sweet sissie and me...

...I love pressing down on the top and getting a whole pile of French fries in one fell swoop...

...I also got the red lamp that sat beside the sofa in the living room...and I'll do a post on that soon...

...what do you have that belonged to your Grandma?

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear.. I got a lot of things from Grandma. Or at least things from the time she was living. I do LOVE the past!

    ReplyDelete