Wednesday, March 16, 2016

...W.I.P. Wednesday...and Scout VOTES!...

...Scout voted for the FIRST TIME!...
...he's still 17...but they can vote in the primary if they will be 18 by November...

...it really is fun to have such a sweet grown up son...he took his right to vote very seriously...watched debates...read up on candidates...and made his own decisions...
...the striped lap-ghan is on hold for a bit...

...and this my new project...it's a camo afghan for one of our graduating seniors...they consulted the Moms for their senior's colour choice...I chose Navy and Teal for Scout's (guess why?)...
...and everyone (else) in the group is doing a Wave crochet pattern for their afghan...so that's what I started here...but I must say that I'm not loving it...at all...I only have one variegated colour for one thing...

...and for another thing...I don't like the way this variegated yarn is pooling...and for still another thing...I think if I continue with this pattern I'll run out of yarn...almost the first skein is gone already...

...this senior may just get a knitted blanket instead...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. i'm sure whoever is the recipient will love whatever you do!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the afghan so far, even the variegated colours. But you are right about the pattern taking up a lot of yarn. It's nice to see young people like Scout who are responsible and appreciative about the right to vote.

    ReplyDelete