Friday, March 25, 2016

...Springtime = Peas and Carrots...

...dontchyajuslove how the grocery store vegetable aisles begin to change with the start of Spring...
...we found fresh organic carrots and pea pods...
...so we got some Earth Balance sizzling in a cast iron pan...this one probably older than me...and given to me by my sweet Mama...just grabbed from the cabinet and handed to me on the way out the door after a visit when I was first married...
...tossed in some thinly sliced carrots...
...and stirred that around in the EB...until slightly caramelized and almost tender...
...then...just on a whim...(or genius inspiration)...I added just about an 1/8th of a teaspoon of ground cumin...and stirred that with the carrots until it was nicely fragrant...
...poured in a cup of vegan chicken broth...
...and then tossed in the yummy fresh peas...
...and stirred those in with the carrots and broth...
...and let those steam and simmer in the broth just until crisp tender...
...and almost all of the liquid had evaporated...
...and then served with some steamed rice...and baked tofu...
...this was just about the most delicious thing I've had this spring...

...what fresh and wonderful things have you found in your grocery this spring?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. how colorful and healthy! i did notice that my romaine lettuce was on sale....so it must be lettuce season!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my organic vegetable box this week was a lettuce - variety unknown to me - and super deep maroon carrots which are very tasty.

    ReplyDelete