Saturday, January 06, 2018

...Dinner and a Movie...

...I saw these new to me pasta shapes at the grocery store and bought them...'cause they're cute...and lumaca is Italian for snail...so these are snail shaped pasta...
...cooked those in water...
...and whipped up some tofu ricotta...
...and I started piping that into the little snail shells using my largest tip...but it was still too big...so I just took it out and piped it into the shells without a tip...and it worked fine...
...filled up an au gratin dish with filled shells...I have three of these little dishes so one for each of us...
...and topped with marinara and vegan parmesan cheese...and baked...

...so that's what we had for dinner...it was good...really it tasted pretty much just like lasagna...but it was kinda different...and it was CUTE!...

...then for the movie we watched another episode of the Vietnam War series on PBS...and I think I'm pretty much done with that...it was so incredibly sad...they interviewed the mother and sister of Denton “Mogie” Crocker Jr. ...and I'm sure you have already inferred that his is a tragic story...you can read a little bit about it here...and see a sweet photo of him in uniform...

...so what have you been watching lately...

~Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your dish looks very tasty. I don't think I've seen those pasta shells but as we have some Italian delis here I'm sure I could find some one day when I'm in the area. I saw the advert for the Vietnam War series but didn't watch it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete