Tuesday, January 09, 2018

...Tuesdays with Julia...

...one of our Christmas Eve side dishes was Julia's VEGAN PURÉE DE MARRONS [Vegan Chestnut Purée]...and I tell the story of how I almost didn't complete that recipe because I got sick eating chestnut purée when I was in France years ago...

...it's funny how that works for me...I still can barely tolerate portabella mushrooms after a similar incident with them...
...and this puree turned out exactly how I remember it...sweet...creamy...earthy and very rich...
...I ate a small amount...and I didn't get sick...and it made for an interesting side dish...that no one else had ever tried...which is always fun...

...all of the particulars are...of course...over at The Vegan Version...

...have you ever tried puréed chestnuts?...did you like them?...I think I liked them before I got sick...it's really hard to remember any pleasure associated with them though...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried chestnuts. Mostly because I've never seen them in stores around here. I'm glad you didn't get ill eating them this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, that all looks wonderful!!! i don't think i've had chestnuts very much in my life either. mostly i thought they were a little too bland. i guess i just wasn't treating them properly!! love, k

    ReplyDelete