Friday, August 09, 2019

...Friday Favorites...

...a walk in the woods...
...we saw and frightened a rather long black snake...
...a striped skink between the two vines on this tree...we also saw a blue tailed skink...but he was too quick for me...and I didn't get a photo...but he reminded me of when we lived in Balsam Grove and I was awakened in the middle of the night by something crawling on my face...of course I screamed and jumped up...waking the Man naturally...and we turned on all the lights and found the little blue tailed skink under the bed...arghhh!
...a huge blue/black dragonfly...
...a huge centipede...and some evidence of fall...already...
...and this fuzzy little guy...probably gal...is a velvet ant...aka...cow-killer ant...I'd never seen one before...but I'll be sure to stay well away from them after reading that article...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Yuck on the skink-on-the-face!!! And yes, I think I'd stay far away from the cow-killer! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      I agree...and I hope it never happens again...
      Love,
      T

      Delete