Monday, August 19, 2019

...Over the Weekend...

...we had a really bad storm that knocked some branches out of the big trees in the backyard...glad no damage...and no one was hurt...
...it was the weekend of the Community Breakfast...and instead of taking just vegan butter for my grits...I decided to add some of my TVP country ham to them...so I packed up a little container of that...
...and just added it to my grits...it was yummy...
...there was a great turnout this Saturday...
...after the breakfast...the Man and I went to a late lunch at a mexican restaurant that has a tienda attached to it...this is my awesome 'wet' burrito with vegan cheese...
...it was so yummy...
...and then we had some fun browsing around the shop...
...these are some type of pasta...not sure how it's flavored...tomato or spice...the label doesn't say...
...they had row after row of interesting Mexican things...
...lots of pinatas hanging about...and all of the juices were different...but some of the sodas looked the same...but I've heard that the formulas are often different so they don't taste the 'same'...
...lots of spices...
...and different types of flour...
...a whole row of candles...
...sauces and tortillas...
...and a whole row of crockery...or pottery...

...it was so much fun looking around in the shop area of the store...
...and then the only other thing of note was a new type of apple...Cripps Pink...it's crisp and delicious...and funny that I only thought it was 'new'...it's actually a Pink Lady that I've had before...just labeled differently...and some Miyokos Farmhouse Cheddar cheese...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love "real" ethnic stores!!! Looks like fun!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yep...I agree they are super fun...and have such neat things...and sometimes really good prices too...
      Love,
      T

      Delete