Thursday, August 22, 2019

...What I Ate Yesterday...as a Vegan...

...I had gotten a big bag of spinach Saturday...and it was beginning to get wilty...so time to use it all up...
...I made a big green smoothie for breakfast...
...and then I cooked the rest of it for lunch...
...it winds up that the whole bag made one smoothie...
...and this small bowlful of cooked spinach...
...and I made a quick bowl of vegan mushroom soup...and cut up those veggies on the side...
...for dinner I made a zucchini casserole...
...and we were gifted this bag of fresh sweet corn...
...I had mine cut off the cob...with fried green tomato, boiled new potatoes, tofu (of course), and salad...really romaine leaves and ranch dressing for dipping...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. I bought a very large bag of fresh spinach which I intended to use in soups, smoothies etc. Unfortunately my fridge is acting up and nearly froze all the spinach. Of course it's still usable but not "fresh" like I hoped. Your variety of veggies look lovely. I didn't eat much corn on the cob this summer but what I had was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...that's too bad...especially if you wanted it in a salad...we haven't had a lot of corn either...but this was really sweet and good...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that they deliver the corn AND shuck it for you! What a treasure!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yep...they're pretty amazing...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. Looks like we are getting into autumnal colour and food here. The green smoothie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaheen,
      I can't wait for fall...it's my favorite...and the fall foods have a lot to do with that I think...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete