Thursday, September 19, 2019

...How to FIX frizzy tangled doll's hair...

...my sweet sissie gave me this prayer doll years ago...in one of her care packages she sent me...and I put her away in a storage bin...for the day when I'd have a little granddaughter to give her too...

...I searched the blog but can't find any reference to it...which seems really...really strange...

...and her hair hasn't been touched since then...

...it looks like it's been braided...and since I wasn't sure what her hair was supposed to look like...
...I searched the interwebs for "prayer doll"...and I think I've found an original of the same doll...
...and her beautiful long golden locks are curled in pretty ringlets...
...and judging by her pretty white dress...she's probably intended as a first communion present...
...so to start the detangling process...you'll need a big pot of gently simmering (not boiling) water...and just dip the dolls head in...the heat and water relax the hair...
...and you'll probably be able to get a wide toothed comb through it...I also sprayed her hair wtih a detangling solution...
...so here she is...nicely de-tangled...
...then wrap the hair tightly onto curlers if you want curly hair...if you want it straight just let it dry natually...and if you want it braided, then braid it while it is still wet...
...once you have the hair set the way you want it...dunk it back into the steamy water...
...for about a minute or so...you want to heat the hair back up in it's 'set'...so if I wanted it braided...I'd braid it and then dunk it back in the hot water braided...
...and that's really all there is to it...
...I set her on the counter in the bathroom to dry completely...
...and then I took the curlers out...
...I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out...
...I just combed the little ringlets around my finger...it's quite pretty and soft and curly and it smells nice too...from the detangler I guess...

...of course I'm going to dress her up for my little granddaughter...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that doll!! Glad you remembered you had it. The hair looks amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with the doll.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete