Thursday, September 05, 2019

...The Bunny Blanket...

...I had gotten this kit at a Church Basement sale in North Dakota...probably for $1...so...many years ago...and had it stashed in my needlework bin...so I separated out the threads...and found an appropriately sized hoop...
...it's so sweet and I wanted to make it for my granddaughter...but when I opened up the package (it was already opened when I got it)...there was no colour chart...
...so I just took a closeup photo of the cover insert and I'll use that for my 'chart'...
...my goal was to do one thread each day...
...I found the fleece fabric extremely difficult to work with...and it hurt my fingers trying to pull the thread through it...so I put on some latex gloves...which were a bit awkward and hard to get used to at first...but they worked perfectly...giving me the extra 'grip' that I needed to pull the thread through the fabric...
...after a few days of a-thread-a-day work...
...a few more days work...
...finished with all the colourwork...just the outline work is left...
...but that's what 'makes' the image...don't-chya think?
...I wanted to back it with red fleece...to match the little bunny's dress...
...and I happened to have an old Delta airplane blanket in may stash...I had several from when we used to fly back and forth from North Dakota...now they are blue and not fleece but cotton...
...so I cut that to fit...hemmed up the cut side...and did the blanket stitch all around with the green thread...
...and then to keep everything snugly together...I embroidered some differently coloured stars to sort of tack the front and back together...it's just a crib sized blanket so this is probably not necessary...but I liked the look of it...
...after a bath...to get rid of the little blue marker lines...
...I'm really pleased with how little project this turned out...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! It's been so long since I have done any "needle work"....although in my teens and early 20's I did alot of cross-stitch.

    I did some "bumper covers" today. I'll post about it tomorrow probably. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a sweet little blanket. I love it. Made with love. As for my basket. I'm trying to make a very large, man's car coat without a pattern. I ran into some issues with the sleeves but am getting there. Taking my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that is! I was so happy to see that my two grand babies were using the blankets I had knitted, a pleasure you have to come.

    ReplyDelete