Thursday, April 02, 2020

...4.2...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...remember a few weeks ago when I had the trigo shake at the Cuban restaurant...it seems like a really long time ago...

...and I bought a box of Kashi...because I couldn't find just plain puffed wheat...
...well...I blended up some Kashi with some milk and sugar in the Vitamix...
...and it was even better than the shake I'd had at the restaurant...probably because of the almond milk...the restaurant had to use water to make it vegan...this was a yummy and quick way to eat (drink) a bowl of cereal...haha...
...and then last weekend...when we found the tiny baggie of frozen blueberries (bloobs...we call them...)
...I added those to some homemade vegan yogurt...and gave it a quick whirl in the food processor...
...topped it with some bottom of the bag bran flake crumbs and homemade granola...

...so I don't know if that's just a continuation of breakfast or a mid-morning snack...there were a couple of hours in between...
...and then for lunch...I had some crackers topped simply with sliced silken tofu and some pepper relish given to me by a South Carolina friend at Christmas...

...and it really goes to show you how much of a difference there is in people's tolerance for pepper heat...my friend said this home grown and canned salsa was 'very mild'...but I must say that his determination of 'very mild' and mine are several hundred scoville points apart...hahaha...I don't think I could have tolerated it at all without the creaminess of the tofu...
...I also had a nice cool and colourful salad plate with that...
...after lunch I got a jar of blackberries that the Man found in the cupboard and added some turbinado sugar...and mixed up a quick crust...just SR flour, vegan butter and a little bit of almond milk...
...and dropped that by spoonfuls on top of the blackberries...
...baked until bubbly and golden on top...
...so that was just perfect with some tea...
...I'm still loving my stretchy silicone covers...they even cover oddly shaped dishes like this baker...
...and then for dinner I made Samantha's (It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken) Sweet Korean Lentils...
...I had everything for the recipe in the cupboard...and they were so delicious...I even texted a photo and a recipe link to Our Airman because I knew he would like to try them too...
...and finally while sitting around watching TV...I had a few bites of leftover Foreman Grilled sweet potato...I'm always saving little odds and ends like this...and I like having them on hand for little snacks...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Your plates of food all look very appetizing. It's sad that Quaker no longer makes puffed wheat, but I like the idea of putting puffed cereal in a smoothie.

    Be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae,
      ...yeah...I was disappointed about the puffed wheat...as I had fond memories of it from my childhood too...the trigo shake was something I'd never heard of though...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete