Monday, April 06, 2020

...4.6...Over the Weekend...

...continuing my comforting love affair with homemade bread...I made the One Hour Artisan Bread again...this time I added 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour...just because I have plenty of it...and I topped it with some sesame seeds for a little bit of variety...

...it turned out perfectly...and tasted nutty and good with the additions...
...I made a bunch more masks and got them in the mail...
...believe it or not I still had a fresh cucumber in the veg drawer...I guess that wax they put on them must protect them pretty well...but it was not the crispest cuke in the world...haha...so I thought I'd turn it into a cucumber salad with some tomato and onion and Italian dressing...(basically this recipe...just adding some onion...from the freezer...

...remember when I froze those summer tomatoes in muffin tins...well...I got one of those out...
...thawed the tomato and the onion...and just mixed them in with the fresh cucumber...and it was entirely palatable...
...the Man ordered a case of this tofu for me from Amazon at the beginning of the pandemic and we didn't know when we'd be able to get groceries...

...so I opened one...and made three different things with it...
...with the first third of the block...I put it in a jar with a half teaspoon of lemon juice, a half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar...and a little bit of sugar...and a splash of vanilla...and gave it a blend with the stick blender...and it made a very nice and creamy soy yogurt alternative...topped with the dregs of a bag of bran flakes...it was yummy...
...then with the middle third...I got out my little egg slicer thingy and chopped/diced it into tiny cubes...added some cashew cream, salt and AC vinegar and lemon juice...to make some cottage cheese...
...I ate that on top of some saltines...reminding me of being in graduate school at Chapel Hill...where one of the French TAs used to eat cottage cheese that way in the caf...I'd never had it like that before...but I copied her and found that it was a very good cracker topping...haha...
...and the final third...also got chopped up like diced hard boiled eggs...
...and then I made the little egg yolks from my vegan hard boiled eggs...and got out some mustard and homemade vegan mayo...and chopped some sweet pickles...
...I added some kala namak (black salt) for some egg-y flavor...mixed that all up to make a delicious vegan egg salad...
...and we had yummy Vegan Egg Salad sammies for lunch...

~Wishing you a a lovely start to a safe and healthy week!

1 comment:

  1. Neat that you had a cucumber! I have one bag of carrots and a wilty stalk of celery left from the Bahamas. That's it in my fridge for fresh stuff! (I do have a few potatoes and onions in the bin.) Our local little Piggly Wiggly that is very involved in the Oriental community is offering free delivery for groceries - you just email them your list and they will bring to your door step. You just tape a check to the door. How cool is that? We may take them up on the offer. Love,K

    ReplyDelete