Wednesday, April 08, 2020

...4.8...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...last night the Man and I spent a pleasant little while outside enjoying the Pink Easter Full Moon...perfect weather here now for moon-gazing...
...still making masks...of course...

...now using three layers of cotton...the outer and inner are both quilting cotton from my stash...I've still not been out at all...and the middle layer is one of Our Airman's old twin bedsheets...because 3 layers is obviously better than one...
...and then I'm adding a slit...I just cut an opening and zig-zag around it...that's not in the pattern so that the wearer can add a paper towel...or a coffee filter or a cut up Hepa vacuum bag...as I've heard that can offer a better layer of filtration than the cotton...

...I made a bunch of these and sent them to our local airport...for the essential workers there...
...and then Our Airman shared these instructions with us...and the Man wanted a couple of these to use as mask covers...it's a super easy no sew option...
...so I just got out one of his black t-shirts and followed the directions...all you need is a measuring tape (and you can probably do this without that) and a pair of scissors...

...I got two masks out of one t-shirt...
...we found three of the paper masks in the toolbox (probably purchased a long time ago for who knows what...sawdust maybe)...so he'll use the t-shirt mask as a cover for the paper ones...
...another 10 rows on the April Happy Easter Pillow...and I'm happy to be down to just two colours...pink and white...

...you can hop over to the Porch Pillow Project to check out all the progress...
...I've finished the first navy sock...and I did that super stretchy bind-off again...and started the second sock in the middle with a provisional crochet cast-on...only the back of the heel done so far...

...donchajusluv the high tech counting device...haha...but that way...both socks come out exactly the same...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made any masks yet...we've stayed put on our boats and haven't ventured out at all. We have a grocery order that's supposed to be delivered by the local Piggly Wiggly today. We'll see how that goes. Glad your socks turned out the same! Haha.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister made us some masks and they are to arrive in the mail sometime today, yay!! You are clever with your masks and the option to add another layer. Lovely sock - I need to get to my sock knitting after I finish burying the threads of my sweater.

    ReplyDelete