Wednesday, June 14, 2023

...6.14...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...y'all have already seen my sweet Sissie's birthday presies...they were made a little while ago...but I couldn't show them to you...obvi...

...the floppy/open pink dishcloth is just a simple square of double crochet in a soft pink cotton...and the orange scrubbie is from the Red Heart Scrubby yarn...the polyester one...which is stiffer and rougher than the cotton scrubby that I made the little face scrubby for my niece-in-law...you know...because it's for pots...not faces...haha...
...y'all have seen me make these patterned dishcloths before...
...first I 'sketch' out a pattern just using the squares in an excel spreadsheet...this is the chart that I made for this one...
...just remember that you actually do a knit and a purl row for each row on the chart...but you always knit the pattern stitches...so that you get a full garter stitch row of the pattern...I say that because the first time I made a chart like this I just knit all the blank squares and purled all the X squares and it wound up being a scrunched up funny looking picture...
...it's still a pretty subtle pattern...not nearly as pronounced as if you used a different colour...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. dish clothes are the perfect presents and a great palate cleanser in between knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete