Wednesday, June 05, 2013

...Vegan Almond Feta...

...as promised...this is what I wanted the blanched almonds for...

...I had bookmarked this almond feta recipe from the Vegetarian Times a while ago...
...and finally got around to making it...

...and I'm so glad I did...
...just blended all the ingredients until smooth...and poured it into a cloth lined sieve...
...the recipe called for cheese cloth...but I used jelly cloth instead...
...twisted it up and let it sit overnight...
...it firmed up quite a bit in the fridge overnight...
...and already looked like a 'cheese' when I turned it out onto a piece of parchment...
...baked as directed...
...and drizzled with some extra virgin oil...
...I omitted the herbs...
...cutting into it you could just tell the texture was perfect...
...spread on some crackers...it was delicious...

...I can't wait to make a big ol' Greek salad with almond feta crumbled all over it...

...definitely try this recipe...you'll be amazed...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. This looks well worth trying. I shall make it for my daughter who is very allergic to dairy produce and is a vegan. She is coming to see us a week tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who woulda 'thunk' it??? cool info about blanching almonds....i've never done that before.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete