Saturday, April 12, 2014

...Majedra...

...TWO posts today...that hardly ever happens...

...so...this is what I wanted the brown rice for...
...when we lived in Balsam Grove, I worked at the local hospital...and the dietician there was a good friend of mine...

...and she gave me this recipe for 'Majedra'...

...I've seen lots of different spellings for similar recipes on the internet...mujeddara, mujedra, majadra, mejadra...I think they're all basically the same...a lot of them have caramelized onions...which sounds nice...
...my friend spelled it Majedra and the recipe she gave me was for 100 servings...so it took a little finagling to get it sized reasonably...but it's super quick and easy to make...

Majedra

3/4 cup brown lentils
1 bay leaf
2 cups water
1 onion diced
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste

...just put everything into a pot and cook the lentils until tender...

...serve over brown rice...and top with diced tomatoes and cucumbers...and a sprinkle of vegan feta...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very good - but 100 servings! I love brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds similar to a "stew" i make with lentils...never thought about topping with tomatoes and cucumbers though! great tip for brown rice! love, k

    ReplyDelete