Thursday, January 01, 2015

...a Sky Scarf for the New Year...

...we just stayed in and celebrated the New Year quietly...we did watch the ball drop at midnight...
...another of my super thoughtful gifts this Christmas was this Sky Scarf kit...which of course they had to make up with vegan yarn...a lot of trouble I'm sure...

...the pattern is free...and it's really simple...you just choose two colours of yarn to represent the sky for each day...and then knit 2 rows in garter stitch...i.e., one ridge...so you'll have one ridge of colour for each day of the year...

...the day's not over yet...but it will probably be a bright blue/light blue sort of day...no clouds...it should be fun and easy to knit...and funny that I just posted about monogamous knitting yesterday and am starting a new project today...this one will last all year too...HA!

...Happy 2015...and have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I should do that! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:12 PM

    that sounds like a very neat project! (and maybe a knit i could actually do!)

    also - will you email me your address? i don't know what i did with it last time i asked . . . thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kit. The colours are exactly like the hexagon blanket I'm crocheting. xx

    ReplyDelete