Saturday, June 18, 2016

...Adult...

Scout is

18 !!!



...and so...technically an ADULT!!!...when/how did that happen...wasn't I just carrying him around yesterday...

...no...a lot has happened since the days of babyhood...and we now have a more or less fully functioning adult...

...which was...after all...the goal...

...right on the heels of his graduation...he turned 18...
...a big smile as he opened his 'big' pressie...we had his car detailed...
...and then after a nice Chinese meal...we just had a simple little family celebration at home with cake and a few more presents and cards...sorry I totally should have gotten a photo at the restaurant...but we were so caught up in the moment having fun that it totally slipped my mind until we were in the car on the way home...and then I (half) jokingly threatened to turn around and go back and 'pose' for a photo...HA!...and I do mean HALF-Jokingly...
...off-key singing followed by candles...
...I'll do another complete post about the delicious chocolate pound cake birthday cake...

~Have a lovely weekend...

3 comments:

  1. yes, it does seem like yesterday that they were all little babies!! such is the cycle of life, isn't it? good fun and happiness! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny about joking about going back to the resto to pose. Many of our photos for blogs are "posed", lol. It's a lovely idea for the cake. I really like it. I'm sure Scout did too. Happy 18th birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those 18th birthdays, milestones.

    ReplyDelete