Tuesday, June 28, 2016

...the veg on my porch...

...we have entered the season of veg on the porch...

...it happened all last summer...and I'm so happy and thankful that it's happening to us again this year...
...sometimes people ring the bell...but probably more often...they just leave the bag (or bags as the case may be) of fresh garden goodness on the porch...

...this week we got a huge bag of pickling cucumbers...and a big bag of zucchini and yellow squash...
...they're called pickling cucumbers...but I couldn't resist making one into my lunch...just peeled and sliced and placed on top of some Tofutti Cream Cheese and sprinkled with dill...

...perfectly crisp, fresh and delicious...

...how is your garden growing?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I am growing scarlet runner beans and this morning I discovered that slugs have climbed up to the top to eat the tender young shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet!!

    i agree with MOM - veg that i didn't plant, weed or water is the BEST!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you have good gardeners, even in your hot climate. Enjoy!! MOM

    ReplyDelete