Tuesday, March 13, 2018

...Vegan Chick'un Pot Pie...

...our Prayer Shawl group at Church will be serving the Lenten meal tomorrow evening...
...and they decided to serve this pot pie...so of course I have to make a vegan version of it...
...for the chick'un...I rehydrated some Soy Curls...and then grilled them on the Foreman Grill...
...instead of the soup and broth...I made a thick vegan gravy...with just three ingredients...the Vegan Chick'n Bouillon...Almond milk and some flour...
...added the grilled Soy Curls to that...
...and then the mixed veg...
...cooked it for a bit...the recipe says the mixed veg should be 'half-done' when it goes in the oven...
...put that into a small casserole...
...and mixed up the crust...Earth Balance...flour...salt and pepper (which I've never put in a crust before)...and I used my leftover soy-whey from draining my yogurt...instead of buttermilk...
...rolled it out...
...and laid it on top of the casserole...
...baked until golden...

...now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Lenten meal...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. This would be so perfect up here today.... it's -10C! This is the kind of meal I need!

    ReplyDelete