Friday, March 16, 2018

...Food Prep Friday...

I sliced an eggplant and a butternut squash...and put them in the oven...
...saved the seeds of course...
...the roasted eggplant will go mixed with some chickpeas to make some delicious hummus for snacking...
...and the roasted butternut will feature in future bowls I'm sure...
...while the oven was on...I baked some tofu...
...and I grilled a sweet potato in the Foreman Grill at the same time...
...and oh my goodness these are the best roasted squash seeds I think I've ever made...they didn't last 5 minutes out of the oven...

...what have you been 'prepping'?...

~Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 AM

    i love sweet potatoes and squash!! i never thought of adding roasted eggplant to humus, but that sounds like a grand idea! i got a little break from prepping this week as i had made a LOT of spaghetti and a LOT of taco filling over the weekend and early in the week. we've been eating that. then yesterday, for my birthday, the kids and i went out for an early supper. that was so nice! tomorrow they will both be gone at a music festival, so i will eat up some other left-overs, i'm sure. i do have some lovely radishes and a mango and some apples that need to be eaten, so those will be on my menu for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a lot of hummus - washing lettuce and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only made roasted squash and pumpkin seeds a few times. It's a lot of work to get the slimy stuff washed off before roasting. But the end result is tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, that all looks so good! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seeds look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roasted vegetables are sooooo good!
    And your tofu always looks delicious. I love tofu!
    This food prep is awesome!

    ReplyDelete