Thursday, July 26, 2018

...W.I.A.Y. ...

...another abbreviated What I Ate Yesterday...

...for brekkie...just coffee and cashew creamer...because I was leaving at 11 to meet Amy for our annual Birthday get-together...

...her birthday is in June and mine is fast approaching...and we usually try to meet up in between the two...

...and that being said...I can finally show you her little pressie...

...naturally...I couldn't show you before on W.I.P. Wednesday or she would have seen it...

...the last time we met for lunch she was admiring my little Bikinisocken...

...so...of course...she's getting a pair of her own...
...also...I made quite a few adaptations to the original pattern...

...first of all...I knit them on 2 needles instead of in the round...which I found to be quite fiddly...especially around the toe...
...and I only cast on 48 stitches as the pattern seems a little bit loose on my feet...and I don't have particularly narrow feet...

...so just a few rows of K2P2 ribbing...then a band of stockinette...
...then I knit the toe portion in the middle...also in K2P2...
...stitched that closed and picked up the stitches for the rest of the band....
...and knit a few rows of ribbing for that...
...and a simple side seam and they were done...
...and of course I made two...and tucked them into a matching pair of flip flops...
...and I was ready to go...

...and lunch was at our favorite Thai place...
...I got mixed vegetables with tofu...I usually get curry...but this was good...
...and dinner was a delicious bowl of veggie goodness...Brussles...carrots...broccoli...sweet potato...grilled tofu...and homemade sauerkraut...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet of you and lunch looks wonderful!!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my comment....so here goes again.

    I like your friend's present and I'm sure she will too!

    Yesterday I baked a casserole even though the weather her is so hot. It was cool in my place. I threw in chopped veggies (red peppers, carrot, broccoli, mushrooms, celery). On top I laid some chicken drumsticks and mushroom soup as well as crushed croutons. It turned out better than I expected. Today I'm making stir fried veggies with leftover spaghetti and Argentinian prawns with hot sauce and soy sauce. I know my menu is not what a vegan eats. For that matter I don't eat much of this stuff either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little socks are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete