Monday, September 24, 2018

...Over the Weekend...

...we celebrated the Man's birthday in our typical understated fashion...
...I iced the cake while it was still warm...so it's not really very pretty...
...the kiddos and I sang happy birthday...and the Man opened his pressies...
...caramel cake is his favorite...this is Julia's caramel mixed with buttercream icing...it's delicious...and never grainy...

...other things got done over the weekend as well...

...I did the regular shopping of course...

...and we had the annual Pinto Bean supper at the Church...where I totally intended to take some photos...but then got talking and visiting and totally did not...

...and I bought some end-of-season peaches...
...I washed them and sliced them up...but they were less than stellar...
...so I decided to make some peach muffins with them...
...and mashed up the 'mealiest' ones to add to the batter...
...and put the nice slices in the dehydrator...
...and some chopped pieces to add to the batter as well..

...intending to just let them dehydrate for a couple of hours...just to get rid of their juiciness so they'd hold up better in the muffins...
...but then...I completely forgot about them...and they dehydrated overnight...into veritable crispy peach chips...
...and they are so good...sweet and tangy...and so crispy...so much better than the fresh fruit...

...so that was a happy accident...

...I'll freeze the mashed peaches and maybe just add it to smoothies...I love peach mango smoothies...

...but I'm going to just eat these crisps out of hand...

...What did you get up to over the weekend?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those dried peaches look so good! I love the flavor concentration. We just sawed up fallen trees and piled them up - for 3 days straight.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to our local Aldi supermarket to have a look around. It is a bit distant for us but we got some nice produce and Srirachi sauce, never seen that before although read about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      ...there are two Aldis here...both about equidistant...but neither very convenient...but I do like to shop there...they've been adding a lot more vegan and organic items recently here...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete