Monday, July 06, 2020

...An Easy WONDER WOMAN Face Mask...

...with the recent mask mandate...I thought I'd better make another mask (not that I'm going out much)...just so I'd always have a clean one...
...so I drafted a pattern...this one is just a tracing of an existing mask...one of the contoured N-95 type masks that we already had on hand...
...then I gathered some cloth from my stash...red, white and blue...and a gold-ish yellow...
...then I sewed the red and blue together...
...and cut a strip of the gold to cover the seam...
...and then I just freehanded the "W" in the center...
...cut it out...
...pinned it in place...
...and zig-zag stitched around it...
...pressed and trimmed...
...folded in half...centering the W...
...pinned the pattern on centering the seam...
...I went ahead and extended the cut to the ends of the cloth...that way I'll be able to get really good face coverage...
...cut it out and cut out a lining from an old white cotton sheet...
...cut out a star...
...zig-zag stitched around the star...
...sewed the top and bottom seams of the mask and the lining...
...put the mask and lining right sides together...
...and seamed top and bottom...but left the two ends open...
...cut a length of pipe cleaner to go over the nose...so you can mold it to your nose...
...zig-zag stitched that in place...
...turned it right side out...
...pressed everything...
...and top stitched in red across the top...just below the pipe cleaner... and blue across the bottom...close to the edge...
...tried it on...and decided where to put the elastic...then just folded under the ends over the elastic...
...and I had a fun new mask to wear...

...it's really comfortable and easy to breathe...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute!! My mask is pretty boring! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting crafty and creative. Are you a WW fan? I guess you must be. I know I am. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete