Thursday, October 21, 2021

...10.21...What I Ate Yesterday...as a Vegan...

...one of my favorite breakfasts...an everything bagel with Violife vegan cream cheese...and tea...
...lunch was a bowl of leftover split pea soup and some Foreman Grilled okra...split pea soup was just right for these early fall days...
...I didn't take a photo...but I had an apple and some nuts for a mid-morning snack...I know y'all can imagine it...'cause you've seen it before...many times...

...and for an afternoon snack...I had a potato...kind of a funny snack I know...but it was just what I wanted...a little salt, pepper and Earth Balance were added...
...and I love how much potassium you get from a potato...most adults struggle to get enough potassium in their diet...and I always think it's better to get my vitamins and minerals from whole food sources...
...and then supper was another meal y'all are pretty familiar with...a big bowl of veggies (Foreman grilled...of course)...a small bowl of grits...and a bowl of lentils...these are the French Onion lentils from Magda Zuber...the recipe was in a Vegan Food and Living magazine that I checked out on the Libby app from our local library...it's a fun way to read magazines...and they have several vegan ones available...and some vegan cookbooks too...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. Tomato sandwich and mushroom soup for lunch then fresh Brussels sprouts, salad, potatoes au gratin and backed chicken at mom’s for dinner. And some Halloween candy. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...finally catching up on all the comments...it's been a while obvi...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Split pea soup is one of my favourite soups, if not THE favourite!
    I too prefer to take my nutrients from food.
    Your supper is so perfect! I love when there is many pieces to the meal!

    Yesterday i made braised cabbage, vegan cesar salad, and vegan sausage. Oh; with spinach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...just finally catching up on the comments...it's been a while...obvi...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. I love split pea soup but my husband does not..so I don't get to eat it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...finally catching up on the comments...it's been a while...obvi...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete