Monday, December 20, 2021

...12.20...beach-y Christmas lights...

...all of the street decorations were 'beachy'...like this surfing snowman...
...and this Christmas tree made up of starfish...they were pretty simple decorations...
...on one of our last nights at the beach...we drove towards town seeking Christmas lights...it was a nice drive...
...there were not a lot...
...but palm trees decorated with Christmas lights are still pretty festive...I've always found it really interesting that people in the southern hemisphere have Christmas in the summertime...we somehow associate it with cold weather...but I'm guessing they don't...haha...
...and then one night...for some unknow reason...(seriously we googled it trying to find out)...we were treated to pretty spectacular fireworks display...
...we sat out on the balcony and watched the whole thing...it was a really nice surprise...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!...

2 comments:

  1. Even though I should be used to it by now, it is always special to see those palm trees decorated for Christmas. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure enjoyed seeing the warm-places twist on Christmas decorations. I'd never thought of a surfing snowman or a starfish tree, that's for sure!! I love the diversity of this world! For me, it is so deeply linked with winter, white, snow, and cold!

    ReplyDelete