Thursday, June 09, 2022

...6.9...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...I started the morning off by slicing an avocado...almost too ripe...
...toasted a nice thick slice of homemade bread...
...and then I used the little tool Mom had given me to scoop out and slice the avocado in one fell swoop...
...and then smashed it onto my toast and sprinkled it with salt and pepper...

...I love love love avocado toast...and both the Man and Our Airman abhor it...
...lunch was just leftovers...tofu...mashed potatoes...sauerkraut and some peas and carrots...and tea...of course...
...sometime up in the afternoon...I had a hunk of bread with some kalamata olives...so good...and a Mason jar of sweet tea...ok fam...who does that make you think of?...
...then for dinner...I made a full pan of vegan cornbread...in Mom's biscuit pan...more crust that way...YAY!...
...and I sautéed some squash for the Man...and cooked my own squash in the Griddler...
...and we have one more of the huge cans of green beans to use up...they were purchased back at the beginning of the pandemic...during the buying frenzy around here...where all the shelves of canned goods were emptied...and I was still going into grocery stores...masked and gloved...and I found these on the bottom shelf and bought four cans I think...
...so I drained them and rinsed them...and cooked them with some Earth Balance...
...until the cornbread was done...
...and so we had a big ol' veggie dinner...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Miam; i love avocado toast too!
    Those leftovers for lunch are mouthwatering! Totally my type!
    Yesterday... ( i always have to think!!!) i made "fish" tacos with asparagus. And a vegetable soup for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea in a mason jar - Granddaddy, of course! WAY before it was a popular "country" thing to do! I made a big pan of cornbread in my cast iron skillet - with corn meal mix that had been with us over the winter in the Bahamas. I bought one 5 lb bag too many apparently....and it was mostly flat....I guess the leavening agents didn't stay active. In the future I will just get plain corn meal and make my own mix as I go along. I just have always used the corn meal mix because it's so easy.....love, K

    ReplyDelete