Monday, September 05, 2022

...9.5...Over the Weekend...

...we're definitely still adjusting to life without our little Jack-Jack...the Man went to the back door and opened it first thing when we woke up...because that's what we always did...let Jack out to...you know...and I find myself stepping gingerly in the kitchen like Jack is still underfoot...we are still heartsore...

...let's rewind a bit to Friday...

...the Man texted me this recipe...5 Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Bread...
...needless to say...he hardly ever does that...so I thought I should probably try to make it...haha...I didn't have this special ingredient...1 Tbsp Berrylicious Blend from Unicorn Superfoods...but decided to just proceed without it...
...she says the dough will be loose and sticky...and it definitely is...and then you cover it and let it rise overnight, about 12-13 hours...which means that I'll be baking it at about 11 PM...
...meanwhile...we had Dinner and a Movie...and I'd gotten one of these Daiya frozen pizzas to try...
...it looks pretty out of the box...
...and I had preheated the pizza stone...so I baked it on that...the directions say to just bake it on the rack...it smells really good...
...then I got out that vegan parm I'd gotten at Aldi...
...and sprinkled that over the hot pizza...
...it was really good...and a little bit spicy...

...and for the movie...the Man wanted to watch Airplane...which I have of course seen before...I think he wanted to laugh...and it does have funny parts...it's a really silly movie...
...so after the movie...I preheated the dutch oven and lined it with parchment...and then plopped that wet sticky dough into the pot...
...it baked up perfectly...
...it's very purple-y blue...
...I let it cool a bit...
...and then...of course I cut off a hunk in the middle of the night...and slathered it with Earth Balance...and it's really really good...it's not sweet at all and the blueberry flavor is really not that pronounced...it's really good bread...
...and then we got up early-early Saturday morning...because I needed to run several errands before I FINALLY met my dear friend Amy for our Birthday lunch...I packed up our precious granddaughter's little giftie...and realized that I didn't have any ribbon...so I just cut to strips of white plastic from some grocery bags...
...and tied those prettily around the package...it made a pretty ribbon...
...still super early...they came and cut the hay in the field beside our house...
...I love the smell of freshly cut hay...
...we toasted some of that blueberry bread and had vegan cream cheese with it for a quick breakfast...
...it was delicious...
...I ran my errands...and picked up the Instacart order...and there is no Jack-Dog to inspect it for us...so sad...
...absolutely nothing of note...but those are the smallest little Idaho potatoes I've ever seen...
...then it was time to finally wrap up Amy's little present...and I used a blue plastic bag for the ribbon on this one...I'll post about her present on WIP Wednesday...I mentioned it ages ago...but never showed you the project...for obvious reasons...
...I met up with Amy...and we went to this little French restaurant in downtown Charlotte...
...they had lots of vegan options...marked with a little leaf on the menu board...
...we ordered our food and got our number and sat outside on the balcony...it was a perfect day for it...
...we were surrounded by lovely plants too...
...I got the tartine with avocado and cucumber...and a side salad with pecans and peaches...sans feta...
...and for dessert the vegan creme brulee...I love restaurants with great vegan options...
...we wandered around downtown Charlotte in and out of shops and antique stores...and ended up here at TCBY for some vegan ice cream...
...their sign said they have the vegan birthday cake...but when we got to the 'spigots' they only had vegan chocolate...which was fine with me...I kindof still want to try the vegan birthday cake one though...

...we had such a lovely visit...
...when I got home...the hot late summer air was heady with the fragrance of the new-mown hay...
...my little pressies from Amy...
...some vegan "shower bombs"...not exactly sure what you do with those...I'll have to search the interwebs for how to use them...I've heard of bath bombs...but not shower bombs...
...and this gorgeous flower shaped puzzle...I can't wait to get started on that...
...and it was so hot and dry that they came back and raked the hay in the afternoon...
...and then baled it before dark...I was amazed...I've never seen them do it that fast...
...but Sunday morning the big round bales were standing there in the field...
...and finally we rearranged the furniture a bit...and Kitten hopped right into the empty magazine basket...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun outing you had! I find it hard to find restaurants that are vegetarian let alone vegan. Seems that everyone wants meat. I'm sorry you are missing your sweet little pup.

    ReplyDelete