Monday, November 21, 2022

...11.21...Over the Weekend...

...I did the weekly shopping...and I went to Aldi...it was really crowded...and I got in the aisle long line...but you know at Aldi the lines move pretty quickly...but when I got to the end of the aisle...I left a little bit of space...so that people who were still shopping could get by...but a lady wedged her cart in front of me...now...except for the 20 or so people in line behind me...I would have let her go ahead of me...but all of the others may not have appreciated that...so I said..."excuse me...but this is the middle of the line..."and she huffed and said "I don't have time for this"...but she pushed her cart to the end of the line...I'm really only mentioning this because it made me think of Nanny and one of her sayings...

...remembering Nanny's mountain/country accent "if they's in that big of a hurry...they should've left sooner"...
...we stocked up on some canned goods...and I bought a lot of things for the upcoming holiday...
...some non-food items...
...butter beans for this Mac-n-cheeze recipe...
...and all of these veggies for a vegan Au Jus...the Man is going to make for Thanksgiving at Mom's...
...so then we did some food prep for the trip to Mom's...I got out this recipe for Smoky Pub Cheese...because I wanted to make a vegan cheese ball...
...got it all blended up and in the fridge to chill...this is just one component...
...then I greased a pie plate for a pecan pie...really these pecan pie bars...but made in the shape of a traditional pecan pie...
....whizzed up the oats, dates, and almond flour...
...until crumbly and sticky...
...mashed it into the pie plate...
...then switched to a spatula to make it a little more even...then popped it into the oven for about 10 minutes...
...blended up some dates, vanilla, oats and water...to make the filling...
...then the crust was ready...
...poured in the filling...
...carefully placed all of the pecans...
...and baked that...
...and then we moved on to the seitan roast for Thanksgiving...using this recipe...
...shaped in a roast shape...
...double wrapped in foil...
...then tied it with twin...
...and put it in the Instant Pot...
...for an hour...
...menawhile the Man worked on the Vegan Au Jus...
...it already tasted delicious...but it simmered for another 12 hours...
...the roast was ready...we'll take it to Mom's and finish it there...the Man also made a vegan herb butter...but I didn't take any photos of that...
...I wore the fixed up freebie top to Church...I think it looks ok...the ties hang to just about where the little pucker was...making it not too noticeable...
...after Church...I halved some almonds...
...and roasted them...for the coating for the Smoky Cheeze ball...that I'm taking to Mom's for an appetizer...
...mixed up the cheeze ball...
...and gave it a quick taste test...just on a saltine cracker...it's good...
...shaped it into a ball...and put it in the fridge to chill..
...then I got out another sheet of plastic and placed the almond halves on it...
...and just sort of rolled the cheeze ball around on the almonds...
...then wrapped it in plastic...

...and I think we're pretty ready for the trip to Mom's for Thanksgiving...looking forward to seeing all our family there...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!...

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that is a lot of prep!!! I'm sure it will be a fun (and chilly!) Thanksgiving. Say hey to everyone for me! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanny is a wise woman. To be honest, aren't we all in a hurry somewhere for something? The lines are very long around here all the time unless it's first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete