Wednesday, November 23, 2022

...11.23...W.I.P. Wednesday...from Mom's...

...today's post comes to you from Mom's...so you get the obligatory view from Mom's house...always beautiful...
...and before we left...I got out these three balls of burgundy cotton from stash...maybe you can see the slight variation in colour...
...from another angle...the darker ones are from the Holiday Candy socks a couple of years ago...and the slightly lighter burgundy is from the dishcloth that my sweet niece made for her Mama when she was visiting...(you can see it all the way at the bottom of that post)...
...and of course I'm just using my FAVORITE SOCK PATTERN...it's from the ages old We Tend to Our Knitting booklet that my sweet sissie and I found in the trunk up at Nanny's...and that my Mom and Nanny used the pictures from to teach me to knit when I was 8...the pattern is in that post...but I practically have it memorized I've made it so many times...and I'm making the ribbed part taller as I often do...and it will be striped with the two different burgundies...it's subtle but I think you can see the stripe here on Mom's sofa...
...and you didn't think I'd come to Mom's and not do a project did you???...haha...remember the Bear Welcome sign that we refurbished a few weeks ago...
...Mom said she'd like to have something different...more 'seasonal' message printed on the back side...so we sanded it and I printed Time to Hibernate...it's still a work in progress...but I'll paint it like the front...a black outline and red in the center...I'll be sure to post a completed picture...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute sign back for the bear! Glad you're having fun. Love, K

    ReplyDelete