Monday, February 26, 2024

...2.26...Over the Weekend...

...we had a great weekend...
...which started with waffles...for me...
...and pancakes for the Man...no idea why he prefers those to waffles...as given a choice I will always choose waffles...
...I did the shopping...
...I don't think there's anything new or interesting at all...the spinach is for a Julia Child recipe...
...when I got back...I used my new mop to mop all of the wood floors...
...it's an ingenious system that squeegees all of the water out of the mop...and separates the used water from the clean water...and the floors look great and dry super fast...
...now for the exciting part of the weekend...we were talking about what we were going to do in the litte bedroom...and I thought it would be neat to have a girlie sort of a room for when the grandbabes come to visit...but not over the top...you know...so that other people could comfortably stay there too...so I did a quick search for white wrought iron headboard...amazon...wayfair...ebay and facebook were all targets of the search...so imagine my surprise when I immediately found these two headboards on FB...not wrought iron...but wicker...and I thought they would be perfect...so I quickly bid...and arranged for picking them up...I just love it when the universe gives me exactly what I need or want...haha...
...the super nice couple that was selling these gorgeous headboards...were ex-Air Force...and guess what...they had bought them in 2016 for their two granddaughters...how cool is that...
...so we brought them home...it will actually be a while before we can get to setting up that bedroom...but I'm so happy we found just the right headboards for that room...
...we'll be attaching them to two wooden twin bed frames...it will be a fun room to decorate...
...then I thought I'd try and grow some onions from a vidalia onion that sprouted in our fridge...I divided it up so that each little sprout had some roots...we'll see how it goes...and then I'll plant them outside...
...remember how I said I was trying to be really organized and intentional about where I put things in the kitchen...well we pretty much determined that the dishes on the right wasn't working out too well...
...so I just took everything out of both cabinets...and moved all the glasses from left to right and now the dishes are on the left...right above the dishwasher so that's handy...it'll just take a few days to stop opening the wrong door...haha...
...another lovely thing was this Japenese cat card that I got from my old college Classics professor...she's quite a bit older than me and her husband also a Classics professor recently died...but we've corresponded for years and I'm always so happy to get a letter from her...her kindness and wisdom are so inspiring...
...and finally we enjoyed the warm weather and the full moon...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Those headboards are very cool. We've had fun getting things from FB Marketplace. Often the folks you meet for those few minutes have a fun story to tell. And that's weird to change the location of items in your cabinets - I would be lost if I did that! Love, K

    ReplyDelete