Friday, March 07, 2008

Crafting with Kids

Oh my have I posted 3 times today...

As I said in my previous post - I try and play with the Man-Cub as much as possible when he's home from school and today was no exception...

I got out all the supplies for stenciling - I'm lovin' it - and watercolors - the Man-Cub has always loved watercolors...

...and I've joined a swap over at Creative Kismet - http://blog.creativekismet.com/2008/03/04/lets-swap/ and so I wanted to get started on my set of swap cards - just a little preview...
...and yes - I do use my saucers as a watercolor palette - it works quite nicely and then just gets popped in the dishwasher...


Then the Man-Cub tried his hand at stenciling (I cut out the stencil - still not to sure about turning him loose with an exacto knife just yet) - he said it was hard to do - and so I touched up the edges for him - it's really important to get nice crisp points on your stencils...

but the painting part he loved...

...and he made these adorable little note cards for himself - to use as thank you cards, etc. - now won't you be thrilled when you get one of these gems in the mail...

I've always noticed when I'm drawing or painting (and sometimes knitting) that the concept of time seems to escape me - I think it's when you shift to your 'right brain' you sort of lose that idea as you focus on the visual/spatial in front of you - but I notice that same kind of quiet/timeless peace when we're crafting together - you hear the clink of the brushes as they're dipped into the water and you notice the play of the sunlight on your work area and your child's hair and it's all so special and timeless and sweet - and I'm grateful for this little blog as a way of keeping these little moments...

2 comments:

  1. This post was just what I needed this AM before heading off to work (it's a rainy/snowy Saturday, the kind you don't really want to leave you house for). You made me think about the little pleasures we have and what we do go and work for.

    ReplyDelete