Sunday, March 09, 2008

Our Day

When the Man-Cub was little he always called Saturday "Our Big Play Day" - and we would talk about what we were going to do on "Our Big Play Day" throughout the week. Now, of course, he's outgrown that - but we still call it "Our Day" - because - well - that's what it is - there's no work or school and it's ours to do with what we will. We still usually cram the day full of as much fun as we can - and this Saturday (Our Day) was no exception. The local School for the Deaf opens their pool to the public on Saturdays for a couple of hours - such fun - and we're pretty likely to meet (more than) a few friends there. This Saturday was no exception -

This is some pretty rough and rowdy play - squirt guns and floats and goggles were required - such fun...

We drove past this lovely red barn on our way to the pool...


...and I got quite a bit of work on my Bella done - the bottom band and both sleeves are done and one side of the neck - so all I have left is the other neck insert and the stockinette stitch body - which I'll fly through this week I'm sure - I'll post an update just about the sweater soon.

I'm always amazed at the Man-Cub's willingness to help. He wanted to help with dinner - I made seitan chicken cutlets and we had Bush's Vegetarian baked beans - with added onions and molasses made entirely by the Man-Cub and an old-fashioned potato salad also made by the Man-Cub.

He's getting better with (and Mama's getting less nervous about) the knife...

...we all love our sweet pickles - a little mustard and Vegenaise and he was done - so yummy!

Then I had some homework to do - I had to get ready for my Sunday School class - I teach the teenagers - so I have to be pretty well prepared - if I can read my sloppy notes...

3 comments:

  1. hey, i've been out of touch this weekend. i log on and see that you've been very busy! all of it looks like fun - love the new stove,it's always nice to have a new toy in the kitchen! i particularly love the red barn - it almost looks fake. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    I had brought my camera along for the swimming fun - so I was able to take a picture of the red barn - I knew it was there - we had ridden bikes past it in the summertime - I just never had my camera - and it was probably prettier in the snow.

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Saturday was full of a lot of fun. It must be nice to swim when it is so cold outside. The cooks were having a good time, too. E

    ReplyDelete