Saturday, February 12, 2011

...my new gaiter...

...remember the gaiter that I knit and stitched for Scout right before Christmas...

...he loves it so - it's so soft and comfy and warm - and he's getting tired of me borrowing it all the time...

...so I finally just got busy and made one for myself...I knew it wouldn't take long...just knit a tube 80 stitches by 65 rows on size 9 or 10 needles...I used 9 on mine - but I'm pretty sure I used 10 on his...mine's a little bit more snug...

...then sew a tube out of some nice soft cotton jersey...

...stitch them together - right sides together...

...turn it back to the inside - fold under a quarter inch or so and stitch around the bottom...and TaaDaaa - you're done...cozy new gaiter...

...and it's all matchy-matchy with my Panta Headband and wrist warmers...so that's how long that skein of yarn has been in my stash...

8 comments:

agirlandherboy said... Best Blogger Tips

Way to work the stash! I have so much stuff that's been in my basket for years that I'm slowly knitting up.

Maria Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice!

Suzanne said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice Teresa:-)

Elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad you have a pretty gaiter for all that cold weather you have. Hope you are getting a little of the warm-up we have here. Come on, Spring!! MOM

by Daisy said... Best Blogger Tips

i love your new gaiter. i've been knitting one for me and i didn't even know that this is called a gaiter in english, always good to learn new stuff!

Karen said... Best Blogger Tips

hey - i'm sitting around, sipping some earl grey....lovely and colorful! glad you can stay warm.. we'll be seeing 70 degrees by the end of the week - yay!!!

love, k

Patricia said... Best Blogger Tips

Those colors are gorgeous!

Kim said... Best Blogger Tips

So smart! I like that you lined it... probably makes it more comfortable to wear and much warmer!