Thursday, March 29, 2012

...Signs of Spring...


...this is a photo of the broken tree that was in the front yard when we moved...this pic is from October...when the Man first saw the house...

...but sadly...half of it was dead and the other half was dying...I'm sure it had been a lovely tree at one time...

...so we cut it down...(we saved the wood to burn in our wood stove)...

...and shaved off the trunk as close to the ground as possible...

...and planted a new little dogwood in it's place...actually we dug around the roots in the little 'V' they formed close to the stump...

...and then mulched around...rather heavily so as to cover up all those roots...

...we're hoping that the dogwood will do well here...it will bloom white...but probably not this year...

...what are you planting?...

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet the neighbors were thrilled when you cut down the old tree and didn't just leave a stump hanging out in the yard! You've made friends already, I'm sure.

    I (well, Greg) doubled my garden, and I'm thinking of filling in the back beds along the house with wildflowers. Just because. I can't afford all the "filler-inners" at once, but I can afford a big bag of seed. Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun to watch a tree grow!---We are still doing indoor seedlings right now (veggies). The weather has been so warm, but I am enough of a Northerner that I know we could still get a series of blizzards and hard freezes for the next month. Things are starting to grow, but mostly we are just readying the yard before planting anything new.

    ReplyDelete