Monday, March 12, 2012

...the VERY BUSY weekend...or Scout Serves as Page...

...we really had such a busy weekend...it's probably going to take me all week just to tell you about all of it...

...Saturday...we were up bright and early...and at the State House...where Scout filled out his paperwork to serve as Page for the Senate for a day...

...I left him there, with the interns to be trained and oriented...and I wandered about the State House...more on that later...

...this is the House side...and it's kinda funny that I was there...the sessions were supposed to start at 11:00...so I took my pass...and made my way upstairs and found a seat...and stated happily snapping pictures...

...I noticed that I didn't see Scout anywhere...and got to wondering why there were all these pages...and not Scout...so I asked one of the volunteer guards...and after I told him that Scout was a 'senator's' page...he said I wanted the Senate side...it's all the way at the other end of the building...

...now that I'm in the right place...there's Scout walking across the back of the Senate room...

...apparently the errand he had to do for this senator...was to bring him a coke...

...Scout really enjoyed serving as page...they had a little light that would come on and a chart to cross-reference for which senator wanted them...the requests ranged from needing some paper...to needing a pop...or water...to needing a poll of the last vote...

...it was such a good experience and Scout said he would happily serve again...especially when he found out he could miss a whole day of school to do so...

...have you ever served as a page?...info for WV page program here...I'm sure you can google and find the program for your state...

5 comments:

  1. I worked at the capitol in Denver a lot and remember the pages, they were so attentive. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at the capitol in Denver a lot and remember the pages, they were so attentive. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool experience for him (and you)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's neat! already involved in your new state!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome opportunity for your boy - well done Scout!!

    ReplyDelete