Tuesday, July 16, 2013

...another 'first'...

...for Scout...
...his first time driving on the interstate...(and his Mama's first heart attack)...only kidding...he's a really good 15 year old driver...

...it sure does bring back memories of me learning to drive with my Mom and Daddy...(Daddy was the calmer teacher - I don't remember him ever raising his voice as I ground the gears and slipped the clutch in his pickup)...and I really remembered that when Scout got (I thought) a little too close to another car...and I shouted...not his name (but his Papa's...which he thought was hilarious)...but I was reminded of my own Mama raising her voice at me...and I probably sounded just like her...

~Have a lovely (and safe) day!

3 comments:

  1. Funny! Not an easy job teaching one's child to drive - I found it impossible and left it to my OH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA ha! I took out both of my younger brothers and only once did I shout when one backed into a ditch. Eric can teach our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, yes, good memories! i'm sure he'll do great! love, k

    ReplyDelete