Thursday, July 18, 2013

...Vegan Banana Pudding...

...I've made vegan banana pudding before...lots of times...it's a favorite around here...
...I was lacking vegan vanilla wafers...which are surprisingly difficult to find...I have to rely on my sweet sissie to get them for me...

...so I used the Kedem Vanilla vegan tea biscuits instead...
...just line a dish with the wafers and layer with bananas...
...and do another layer...
...and end with wafers...
...I like lots of wafers...so I put as many as I can cram in around the edges too...some people (the Man) prefer more bananas...but I love lots of wafers...
...then make a big pot (about 4 cups) of vegan vanilla pudding...
...and pour that over the layered wafers and bananas...
...some air bubbles will probably rise up as it seeps around all the wafer-y goodness...
...from the side you can see that it trickles down to the bottom layer...

...so good...

Vegan Banana Pudding

1/3 cup sugar
4 cups almond milk (or other vegan milk of preference)
1/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp vanilla
a few drops yellow foodcoloring (optional)
1/8 tsp salt

Layer wafers and bananas in a dish...

Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Blend in the vegan milk...stirring constantly.

Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened...ten cook an additional 2-3 minutes.

Remove pudding from heat and stir in vanilla (and food coloring if desired)

Pour pudding over layered wafers and bananas and chill a couple of hours before serving...

...single serving version here...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. yum....sounds like something that i should throw together for a party!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just delish and I will try it. We have an old fashioned pudding here, bananas and custard, very popular up to the 1970s because it is quick, easy and everyone seems to like it. Like this but no bikkies.

    ReplyDelete