Monday, July 01, 2013

...Sunday School...

...I know y'all know that I teach the Jr. High Youth Group on Wednesday nights(cause you've seen them...serving...before...but I'm not sure if you also know that I teach Sunday School too...

...not the same age group...those guys and gals have Confirmation class on Sunday mornings...I teach the kindergarten and 1st grade class...called SonBeams...(sweet I know)...

...we recently moved this lectionary based curriculum class to what used to be the 'Children's Church' time...and created a new 'One Room Sunday School' class for the Sunday School hour...

...and since there's no curriculum for this class...we're free to create our own lesson and do a fun little project...(not that the curriculum Sunday School is not fun and doesn't have fun projects becasue they do...)
...this is just a glimpse of the lesson we did yesterday...it was a lot of fun...we read the text for Galatians 4:4-7...and we talked about family...and adoption...and what makes a family...

...then we each made a figure to put on the bulletin board in our classroom...

...the kids did such a good job...and their figures looked so much like them...it was super easy and it was a lot of fun...and they were all showing their parents their figure on the board...one little boy even drew a tissue in his hand because he has a bad cold...

...Child Outline drawing here...

...can you find me on the board?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week...

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting what makes a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I teach Sunday School too and always need ideas especially for days that I end up subbing in someone else's age group last minute and have no idea what the curriculum is!

    ReplyDelete