Wednesday, June 18, 2014

...a Vegan Ranch Dressing Breakthrough...

...I know I've posted about Vegan Ranch Dressing before...probably more than once...

...but the truth of the matter is that my 'boys' do not like tofu based ranch dressing...and I could just say...oh well...more for me then...

...but I've been on a quest to find a ranch dressing that we all could love...
...so...based on my success with the Vegan Sweet Mustard Dressing...(which is basically a cooked gravy dressing)...I got the bright idea of just making a sour-ish non-dairy milk gravy base for the ranch seasonings...

...I just mixed almond milk with some apple cider vinegar and lemon juice - (it's in the pint jar...I buy lemons by the bag and juice them all at once and keep the fresh juice in the fridge)...
...mixed that with some AP flour...and added the herbs...and cooked until thickened...
...pour it into a pretty pitcher...or just a pint jar will do too...
...and then take a blurry photo of you pouring it over your salad...
...but it is nice and thick and does a good job of clinging to the greens...
...or roasted potatoes...
...or use it as a dip for crudités...

Tofu-less Vegan Ranch Dressing

1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp apple cide vinegar

Cook together until thickened.

Then add...
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp dried dill


Chill and serve cold.

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. So much easier to only have one dressing to make.

    ReplyDelete