Saturday, September 24, 2016
...oh...and we had a super nice Birthday Dinner at his favorite Trattoria... VEGAN BISCUIT AU BEURRE...
...I'd not made it in a while...and it turned out perfectly...my best one yet I think...so buttery and rich and moist and good...
...first you cook together the margarine (we used Earth Balance), brown sugar, salt, and soy milk for a couple of minutes...
2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup soy milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
• Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
• Add the brown sugar, salt, and soy milk.
• Bring to a boil over low heat and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Remove from the heat and let cool.
• Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla.
• Beat with an electric handheld mixer for about 3 minutes, until smooth.
~Have a lovely day!