Monday, June 12, 2017

...over the weekend...

...it was a busy weekend...mostly because I thought that the next baby shower was next weekend and that I had all week to finish up those pressies...

...but I was wrong...so I spent about 4 hours Saturday morning finishing another blanket and hat for the Mom-to-be...a little boy blanket this time...I'll share that soon...

...and luckily...I had already bought the card/bag/book...

...and I'm going to go ahead and make another borderless blanket...or maybe two...one in white and one in cream/off-white...just to have on hand...and then all I'll have to do is the border and the little one hour baby hat...and...it's pretty mindless stockinette stitch knitting...perfect for TV time...
...anywhoo...before I realized that the shower was THIS AFTERNOON!!! I wasted some knitting time in the kitchen...
...making our favorite Blueberry Muffins...recipe here...it's just a veganized version of the muffin recipe in my old...OLD...Betty Crocker Cookbook...
...the muffins themselves are fairly quick to make...but...

...I cut all these little 5 inch squares out of parchment paper...to make them 'special'...
...you know...so they'd look like 'fancy' coffee house muffins...

...it doesn't make them taste any better...they were delicious 'though...
...in other news...this package from Amazon arrived...I'm trying to make myself like Açaí...
...and...also in other news...

...Our Girl received her Senior Afghan...she was our only graduating Senior this year...and it's her favorite colour...and I did not have the honor of making it for her...one of our other N.O.A.H. ladies made it...and it's beautiful...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. fun having so many babies around!!!

    too bad you didn't get to knit the senior afghan, but i'm sure she will cherish it anyway.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is such a special tradition, the senior afghan. I also love that colour. Will she and Scout be at the same college?

    ReplyDelete