Saturday, June 24, 2017

...Scout's Birthday 2017...

...it's pretty hard (for me anyway) to believe that Scout is 19 years old...
...but I got out all of our decorations and his birthday banner (that I printed 18 years ago for his very first birthday)...it's held up rather well I think...
...and got his cake out of the freezer...
...and I'm not sure what happened with the fudge layer...and I'm so disappointed that it leaked out...
...but otherwise...I was pretty happy with how the cake turned out...
...we added some candles...and the kiddos lit them...
...laughing about how 'hot' they got...well...they get progressively hotter as the years pass...haha...
...Scout blew out his candles and cut his cake...
...opened his cards and presents...
...and we had our cake...
...I'm really pretty happy with how it turned out...
...and it was delicious...and Scout has asked if we can have it again...when it's no one's birthday...
...still kids at heart...

~Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. wonderful b-day for Scout!! i completely forgot to send his little gift...i'll send it to asheboro tomorrow so he can pick it up at his next flight lesson. (i had ordered it a while ago and the date completely slipped my mind!) oh well, he'll enjoy the little belated surprise anyway, i suspect.

    love how the cake turned out - even if it was a little "leaky"!

    love,k

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake does look good, and a very happy birthday to Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is amazing! BRAVO!
    What a lucky guy he is!
    19 ... I have one too.
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete