Friday, June 23, 2017

...Vegan N'Ice Cream Cake...

...Scout requested an Ice Cream Cake for his birthday this year...

...and I've never had or made an Ice Cream Cake before...but thought it'd be pretty easy-peasie...

...so...of course I searched the interweb for instructions...

...first I looked at the actual Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake here...
...so this is the 'look' we're going for...

...and then I searched for a 'recipe'...and found one at the Brown-Eyed Baker...not vegan...but easily veganized with Banana N'Ice Cream...
...so I got started making N'Ice Cream...the chocolate version is the first layer...just bananas, cocoa and enough cashew cream...
...to make a nice soft serve textured ice cream...

...I put that in the bottom of my spring form pan (lined with wax paper) and froze it until it was solid...

...then I layered on fudge and crumbled Oreo Cookies...

...and froze that...

...see there are a lot of (not very difficult) steps to making a N'Ice Cream Cake...
...then I made the vanilla version...just bananas, vanilla, and enough cashew cream to make a nice soft serve textured ice cream...

...and layered that on top of the frozen, fudge and cookies...

...and put it back in the freezer again...
...this is what it looked like when everything was frozen and I removed the spring form pan ring...
...and then I needed something to put it on...as I didn't want to put it on my antique cake plate in the freezer...
...so I just traced a circle onto some cardboard and covered that with freezer paper and slid the 'cake' off onto that...

...and put it back in the freezer again...
...while I made some 'icing'...y'all have seen this before too...it's just the cream from the top of (multiple) cans of full fat coconut milk...mixed with vegan powdered sugar...
...and then I got the cake back out of the freezer and started icing it...
...just a layer of white all over...
...and then I mixed up colours to match the DQ photo above...
...and decorated the cake tyring to match the DQ photo as much as possible...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. well, that's just neat-o!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very clever and creative. Your cake looks super yummy inside. Just out of curiosity, how many cans of full fat coconut milk does it take to make the frosting?

    ReplyDelete