Monday, October 08, 2018

...Over the Weekend...

...first of all...we fixed the oven...so there will definitely be a Tuesdays with Julia post tomorrow...
...and then I'd been perusing the Engine 2 Blog over the course of the week...and had found not one...not two...but THREE recipes I wanted to try over the weekend...so we got started with the one for the breakfast casserole...called Sunrise Breakfast Bake...

...it calls for Rotel tomatoes and peppers ...but I didn't have any...so I improvised with jalapenos and diced tomatoes...
...that looks about right...
...added the nooch and spices...
...4 cups of broth...
...and some kale...
...and then the oats...yes...oats...are the binder and chewy eggy goodness of this bake...
...ready for the oven...
...then when it was half-baked...
...I used my Mouli grater to grind up some whole wheat toast over the top for bread crumbs...
...and then popped it back in the oven...until the top was nicely browned...
...and breakfast was served...
...but it was almost noon...so really this was brunch...
...it turned out perfectly...
...just the right amount of spicy and it was delicious...
...my bunch of kale was so huge...and I had another Engine 2 recipe I wanted to try...
...so I cut up some sweet potatoes...because you only need 5 ingredients for this curry...
...and then we had the Sweet Potato Curry in a Hurry for dinner...
...and it really was ready in a hurry in the Instant Pot...so quick and easy and delicious...
...and then finally for dessert...we had the delicious Adoonis Cake...
...it baked up so perfectly...
...the only change was that I added a couple more tablespoons of cocoa...because we love chocolate...
...and the icing...is basically my tofu mousse that I use as a pie filling...
...so surprising that it works so well as an icing...
...really...really delicious...

...so...I highly recommend all three of these recipes...and I can't wait to try more...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that breakfast casserole was surprising! All looks yummy and rather "fall-like". Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      It was surprising...it was good and hearty...
      Love,
      T

      Delete