Thursday, October 04, 2018

...W.I.A.Y. ...

...I started off the morning by making a pan of vegan biscuits...
...because I wanted biscuits and gravy for breakfast...so I mixed a little flour with some thick and creamy Silk Protein Milk and some liquid smoke and some vegan bacon bits...
...and cooked that up until it was nice and thick...
...then I split a biscuit in half...and the funny thing is that the Man likes his split side up...
...and I prefer mine split side down...weird I know...because what difference does it make...
...poured over the gravy...
...and it was so delicious...
...exactly what I was craving...
...so then for lunch I thought I'd try something completely different...
...we're calling it salad soup...or salad smoothie...either one works...
...but I ate it like a soup...
...it has everything I would put into a salad...lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and spinach...and a sprinkle of Italian herbs...served cold like a gazpacho...it was good...light and refreshing...the boys hated it...
...and so...needless to say...I got hungry later...so I just heated up some leftover rice and bean stew...hearty and yummy...
...and a little bit later I ate some grapes...
...and finally for dinner...just a typical dinner for me...carrots, Brussels sprouts, saurkraut, beets, baked tofu and collard greens...

...what did you eat yesterday...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, split side down! Makes the gravy soak into the crusty bottom just right. And I knew you were going to say the boys didn't care for the soup!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your salad soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ephée
      It was good and summery!
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete