Monday, March 30, 2020

...3.30...Over the weekend...

...well...we stayed home...which is fine...
...I watered all the houseplants...
...that tall raggedy looking plant is the avocado tree I grew from seed...he's probably really looking forward to getting back outside for the summer...and oddly...we have to keep him locked away from kitten as she will eat his leaves...poor thing...
...I made some more masks...
...on Saturday...we took everything out of the freezer...I was amazed at how many partially used bags of vegan meat subs there were...
...so we sorted and organized and put everything back...it should still be a while until I have to venture to the grocery store...but when I do...our local Food Lion is offering curbside pickup for $3...you place your order online and then just pull up and pop your trunk...they will even sign for you...so I'm definitely going to try that out...
...amongst the frozen stuff was this tiny little baggie of blueberries...so I'll be adding those to some vegan yogurt...and a half of a container of black beans...and a leftover vegan cornbread...I'll just eat the cornbread with some bean soup this week...it will be fine for that...
...and I added some corn and salsa to the black beans for a nice dip...waste-not/want-not...

...one thing about this pandemic that I hope stays with us is an appreciation for all the food that we have access to...as we are super-aware right now and don't waste anything...
...and then on Sunday...one of our parishoners used his connections...and ordered a BUNCH of toilet paper from a restaurant supplier who has it in stock...and you know most restaurants are closed...and then he just gave it all away...

...he sent a message out to the congregation that everyone could come and claim 3 free rolls of TP...it was a drive thru affair...no one got out of their cars...and he devised an ingenious pool stick with a stopper on it to maintain a safe distance from the people in their cars..

...reminding us all that the Church is not a building...and of our interdependence and connected-ness in this pandemic...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. Toilet paper, what a wonderful gift. I never thought I'd say that, lol. But I haven't been able to find a package of toilet paper for over 2 weeks and I'm not going to go out any more until I really must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      That is funny about the TP...and I've heard that they stores that restock have to still limit it and then still sell out quickly...it's just so weird...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. I hope your keeping well.Love that you made your own face masks. We went through our freezer last week and its well stocked, found some sweetcorn that i forgot about - time for soup.And you have reminded me i have some boxes of cornbread thanks to our American friends who came to visit last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice guy!! These are truly strange times! Love, K

    ReplyDelete