Friday, March 18, 2022

...3.18...Friday Update...

...first a little dolly update...
...first I bought the dolly some new clothes...
...because...I remember a lot of the fun of playing with dolls is dressing and undressing and redressing them...haha...and I thought big sissie might like to have a few outfits...maybe some pajamas are in order too...and a dress for Church...you know a little wardrobe...
...it's just a little outfit from Amazon...
...it's super cute though and it fits her well...
...and then...I bought another doll...from Ebay...for $6.30...because I thought the chances of my finding another one in the giveaway bin at Goodwill were pretty slim...and you know how I want both my girlies to have pretty much the same (but slightly different) little presents from their Grandmommy...

...isn't she pretty...
...she's basically the exact same doll...her lip colour is a little bit different...and her model # is different...but since I just made up the first dollie's model number I don't think that matters...
...here they are together...new dollie needs a good scrub...
...and she has a small hair issue that needs to be addressed...but I think I can handle that...haha...
...but...speaking of hair...look at the difference in the texture of the original doll hair and the thicker shinier re-rooted hair from the wig...
...maybe it's hard to tell...and new dollie's hair is as yet unwashed...
...but it's a lot finer for sure...I'll have to give that a think...as I don't think the wig that I have will be a good match...especially that close to her face...maybe I'll have to 'harvest' some hair from the back underneath...and then replace that with the wig hair...we'll see...I'm not in any rush...haha...
...and then I just searched the interwebs to see if I could find what this model number originally looked like...
...and of course I found that...she's model # 50976...and this was her original outfit...complete with a little handbag...so sweet...and it's purple...bonus...
...not sure if I'll try to replicate that exactly...
...but I do think it's cute...and maybe I'll do something in lavender...
...and here's a different photo of her hair...it parts at the left...and then there are two little braids...but I'm not sure I'll do that either...but I'll definitely try to find the part...because if it's like dollie #1...the little rows of hair are very compact there...
...and the reading update...I finished The Shop on Blossom Street...just your standard romance novel...definitely not something I read a lot of...but in our West Virginia bookclub we had a fan of that genre...we had a sci-fi buff too...it made for an interesting group...but the rule for this one was #7 Read a romance where at least one of the protagonists is over 40...and she's not the main character but Jacqueline a mom of a grown son who is estranged from her husband fits the bill...it was a quick and very predictable read...
...and I have just finished The Narrative of Sojourner Truth..(I love the photo of her on the cover)...and the rule for this one #8 Read a classic written by a POC...it is of course the tale (written in the first person...transcribed by Olive Gilbert) of Sojourner Truth née Isabella Baumfree...who was a slave in New York...not the deep south...

...it was somewhat like Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave. Written by Himself:...that I had read last year...my sweet sissie had given me a disk with a whole bunch of her Kindle books on it...and this was one of them...

...I highly recommend both books...and I also searched for and read her speech Aint I a Woman...

...so next up...is #9. Read the book that has been on your TBR the longest...and that's Jack Kerouac's On the Road...we've been toting that book around everywhere we've moved since college...and that's a lot of moves...the Man read it way back then...and I've always been meaning to read it...but now that I'm a chapter or so into it...I'm not liking it very much...haha...have you read it?...
...and then finally...finally...ONE of my dozen little squash seeds has sprouted...maybe the saved seeds aren't any good...but I'm still hopeful that more will sprout...I chase the sun around the bathroom throughout the day...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. So cool that they'll have dollies that are similar! Amazing that you can search for them like that online. I reserved the Sojourner Truth narrative online at our library. I'm #2 in line to read it on my Kindle. I agree with your assessment of On the Road - I thought he was just a braggart and silly young man. Nothing interesting there. I think I put it away 1/2 way finished. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the dolls are very cute and I'm sure your granddaughters will love them. You're right about the fun being in the dressing and undressing. At least I recall that from my limited doll playing days. The two books on slavery look interesting to me. I haven't read the Jack Kerouac book.

    ReplyDelete